Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Complainer!

One of the Republican friends I met during this last election cycle, made a point of reading my blog. He later confided that he understands my positions, but is convinced that I complain too much. He instructed me, that I would have a better chance of winning people over, if I did not complain about them. “You should talk about your ideas, but not criticize others. If you complain about a particular person, or persons’ position, they will not listen to you, associate with you, or have you to dinner.”

My response was, that maybe that is what is wrong with the Republican Party. Maybe everyone is so intent on going along, to get along, they forgot how to complain. They forgot to complain when a Republican justifies war, to create “a beachhead for democracy”. They forgot to complain when Bush pushes through a bill that creates a DNA bank for newborns in the U.S., or when Posse Comitatus was violated, or when Ron Paul supporters were hassled by the security at the GOP Convention, or when the supposed facts of 9-11 are so unbelievable, that pilots, engineers and architects, and some clergy are demanding the truth.

And then there is the Gaza War; dare I complain?

No comments: