Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Lent started today, and spiritually I am not ready. Time waits for nobody, so I guess I better get myself ready. We did go to Mass at a different church, and got our ashes.

We spent two hours earlier this afternoon viewing the new movie with Mel Gibson, "Edge of Darkness". It was very good and scary, because the plot is believable. Especially in light of a report I saw today, in which the U.S. government has a list of citizens that it intends to assassinate. This whole police/military state was the topic of Chuck Baldwin's earlier commentary. Where is our country?

So, as the prayer goes, "Remember man that thou are dust, and unto dust thou shall return." We are all gonna die, so we may as well stand for what we believe in. My resolution for Lent will be to spend more time talking to God. In the spirit of Lent I would just say, "Thank You for Mercy". I don't need to be scrupulous, nor look back very far, to remember some of the sinful ruts I have been in. I have just been blessed with time, mercy, and grace.

No comments: