Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday Mass

I had a treat today. I went to Mass while my car was having brake shoes replaced. I went to Our Lady's Center, and ran into several people I knew. I sat next to a woman, that Jane was just talking about yesterday. She had noticed this lady, an acquaintance from our daughters' High School, as a friend of one of her friends on Facebook. I had walked from the dealership, and saw a pair of hawks that hang in the woods around the chapel. I was walking back to the dealership, when a woman, who was coming from Mass, stopped, and offered me a ride. Where else would a strange woman offer a unknown man a ride? When we got back to the office, Jane found she had a friend request from her acquaintance. Mass is neat!


Being at Our Lady's Center was what I needed. Today there were funerals for two men who promoted retreats in my life, as a spiritual necessity. Necessary to stop, and just be: be with the Lord. I even lit some candles. And when it came time for the intentions, I prayed for: the poor souls for Bud the salesman, thanksgiving for Father Bayer, and wondrous amazement in how God has used Deacon Scheank.

No comments: